Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Creamy Cucumber Soup



A coworker was making a salad and I could smell the cucumber as she was cutting it up. It gave me craving from something chilled and creamy. I wanted soup. I'm not a big fan of cold soups but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. After doing some recipe searching on Google, here is what I came up with...

In a blender combine:

2 Cucumbers peeled, seeded and chopped
1 Avacado (ditto)
Juice of 1 lemon
Kosher salt & dash of cumin
1 cup of milk (more or less)

Blend the crap out of it and let chill for a couple of hours. The avacado gives the soup deep green color and a smooth texture. Next time I think I'll experiment by adding a little chicken stock or white wine to help reduce the concentration of the mixture.



2 comments:

  1. I dunno. It's kinda snot-colored. Did it taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honesty.. Actually it tasted kinda cucumbery and very woody/fibery, pretty much the reason I suggested cutting the "thickness" w/ white wine or stock. As concocted? It made me burp a lot.. I'd definitely thin it out a bit if I were to make it again. Now, I do make a ROCKIN butternut squash soup that will knock your (insert-some-random-body-part-here) in the dirt. Look forward to that recipe sometime this fall..

    ReplyDelete