Monday, June 22, 2009

I know math isn't supposed to be fun, but...

There's one of those "Kumon Learning Centers" in the office park where I work and quite frankly I've always found their sign to be a little disturbing. I mean, if you are going to have a smiley face as part of your logo then shouldn't it actually be "smiling"?



What if the local dentist office had a drill and pair of pliers as part of their logo? Or if the doctor down the street had a big giant syringe out front? How attractive would that be? Maybe it's just me but the little face on this sign just doesn't strike me as good advertising. Instead the message it seems to convey is "Come to our center and we'll destroy your self esteem twice a week."

4 comments:

  1. O. M. G. I am horrified at that logo. AND that name, and the way it looks like a badly-targeted sex ad, augh. This needs to be in the worst-logo ever contest, 'cause it would have a good chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you trimmed off the second tag-line... IIRC the sign reads...

    Kumon
    math. reading. success.
    all things you will never have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As in, "Get your kum on?!" I am disturbed. This is the WORST logo evah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes! I never picked up on the "dirty word" part of the logo, and I've got a vivid imagination!

    ReplyDelete